Isabelle bébé

Isabelle bébé

lundi 7 février 2011

ER (English)

I am not sure if all the things that happened to me were intended to make my blog more interesting, but I must admit that there was a lot of action since last Saturday (January 22).

Finally, the nurse from the reproductive center called me back on Saturday at around 14:00 and she seemed quite alarmed.
She told me that I had a small period of aphasia and she wants me to go to the emergency room as quickly as possible. I told her that I was now feeling very good and that I have time to go to Royal Victoria, it would be less complicated to see a MD there, but she insisted that I go to the emergency that is closest to me...

I was alone at my clinic in Laval, so I called Jay to inform him, then I drove to Sacré-Coeur Emergency room.  On my way there, I called my friend Nicole.  Nicky works at Sacré-Coeur, maybe she has connections so I can see a doctor faster?!?! I really don't want to spend the next 10 hours there. Unfortunately, there's not much she can do to make me pass faster. She suggested me to look very very sick.  Apparently, it will help!

When you arrive at the emergency, you must take a ticket.  This will allow you to see a nurse at Triage. This step is very fast. I arrived at the emergency room at 14:40 and I saw a nurse almost immediately.  Triage is the most important phase of going to the emergency room.  You must be a very good actor and show that you are really sick and that you have are in life and death danger, otherwise you can spend a week in the ER.  I guess I'm not a good actress, because I was classified code 3.  It means that my condition is serious, but that I can wait. My condition is stable.  It's almost like an F for failed because at 6:00 p.m. I was still waiting. So I decided to try acting a little bit more and I went to see the nurse in Triage again.

2 minutes later, my name was called and I was asked to go in the roome 7.
Yeah! my acting skills improve...... Not!
I got tricked!  Little teasers ... They just changed the decor of my waiting room. Now, instead of being in a large room with people who cough, who have fever, who drools, well, I am now all alone in a room.  I waited 45 minutes alone in this room.  ????? Thank God that it was urgent for me to go to the nearest emergency room!! Cheers bureaucracy.

PS: Just want to let you know that there are now sections of the waiting room reserved for people who vomit and have diarrhea? The said sections are well marked with large signs. On signs, it is written: RESERVED for patients who are VOMITING or have DIARRHEA.
I'm just laughing all alone thinking about this poor guy sitting all alone in this section. Lol!

Dr. Steve Martin finally arrived in the room 7. (His name is Dr. Daoust, but he reminded me of Steve Martin, so I changed his name ...)


DR. Martens tested my motor skills, balance, vision, etc. ... It looked like he was trying to see if I was impaired. Hihi!
I am not here because of a DUI, I am here because of an ICT.
Then, after he puts a light beam in my eyes for a few seconds and he blinded me, he asked me to follow the tip of his finger. I don't think it's fair, isn't it cheating???

Finally, he explained that it was very difficult for him to really know what happened.  He will order some test and will see me again later when he will have the result.

So I have to go for a CT SCAN, An electrocardiogram and a blood test. (6 vials)


*** Meanwhile, he asked me to stop taking the estrace (estrogen), until he has a better idea of what happened. He explained that estrogen may be a contributing factor to the blood clot .***

A little before meeting Steve Martin, I phoned Jay and I asked him to meet me at the ER with my medication. I was worried because I was suppose to take my dose of 2mg of estrace and prometrium 200 mg at 2:30 and it was now 18:00. I fear that stopping the hormones might have an impact on the baby.

When Jay arrived, I was really glad to see him. It's the best feeling in the world to know that you can count and rely on someone. Thank you my darling!

I immediately took a dose of progesterone, but I did not take the estrogen as per the Dr. advise. I hope it will not cause a problem.

I did the scan, the electrocardiogram and blood tests. The 3 test did not take more than 30 minutes, I was taken care of really quickly.
Now we must await the results.
We waited another two hours before seeing the doctor. At least there was a hockey game on TV.
GO Habs GO!

Finally, we saw Steve Martin at 20:00.
He said the scan was fine, that the blood tests were normal. It was difficult for him to say what really happened. He prefers that I meet a neurologist the next morning and he wants me to stop taking the estrace until the neurologist makes the decision.

In terms of the electrocardiogram test .....it came out abnormal.
It seems that I have Wolff-Parkinson-White! The doctor told us that this is not serious, that I should not worry.


Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome (WPWis a heart condition in which there is an extra electrical pathway (circuit) in the heart. The condition can lead to episodes of rapid heart rate (tachycardia).
Normally, electrical signals in the heart go through a pathway that helps the heart beat regularly. The wiring of the heart prevents extra beats from occurring and keeps the next beat from happening too soon.
In people with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, there is an extra, or accessory, pathway that may cause a very rapid heart rate. This is called supraventricular tachycardia.

SUNDAY MORNING

On Sunday morning I went to the ER of Sacred Heart Hospital to meet with the neurologist.
Dr. Sidel. was extremely nice and he took the time to explain what he thinks happened on Friday night.
He thinks I had a TIA .

Transient Ischemic Attack:  is an episode in which a person has stroke -like symptoms for up to 1-2 hours. A TIA is often considered a warning sign that a true stroke may happen in the future if something is not done to prevent it.

Dr. Sidel, told me that there is not much I can do except stop treatment with estrogen. "That was his suggestion."

I told him that I did not intend to give up the InVitro treatment or trying to get pregnant. He then told me that this is a risk I have to understand, but that if I want to continue then he can prescribe me some aspirin to prevent future blood cloth.   I will have to use Aspirin throughout my pregnancy. This will help make the blood more fluid, thus avoiding clots. He told me that I should be monitored for high risk pregnancy. He gave me the coordinates of a OBGYN specializes in high-risk pregnancies. He also told me that synthetic estrogen or real estrogen would have the same effect on me.  Apparently, estrogen create a higher risk of Stroke in women, especially when we are pregnant.

I left the emergency room at about 11:00 and I headed straight home.  Just before I left, I started to take my medication once again. (estrace and prometrium).  I really hope this will not have a bad effect on our future baby .......

Well, it appears that estrogen is not really necessary. (That's what the nurse at the Royal Vic told me.) Apparently, some reproduction center don't even give estrace to their patient.  That's the progesterone that is really important. Oufff!!!!
When I 'll go to the hospital on tuesday for the pregnancy test, I will ask the doctor if I can stop the estrace. It is probably wiser.

Good day Mate!
Isa, Jay and maybe.......... Baby J.B.
XXx

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire