Isabelle bébé

Isabelle bébé

jeudi 24 février 2011

Phase 2 (English)

Hello to all my Bloguinettes and Bloguinôts!
Phase number 2 of treatment IVF is about to begin.

Jay and I went to meet Dr. Holzer on February 8.

We evaluated and analyzed the results and according to Dr. Holzer, there really is no reason that the first treatment did not work. He explained that the results of my tests, blood tests, ultrasound scans were all very positive and had a 50% chance that it works and 50% chance that it does not work. Unfortunately there is no reason and, more importantly, it's not my fault.
He does not believe that the fact that I vacuum and cleaned the household are in connection with treatment failure. He also mentioned that the number of mature eggs were very low according to my age.



I have therefore expressed that I started acupuncture treatments in order to put all the luck on our side. He does not really seem convinced that acupuncture can help. He said there is no study that shows that acupuncture can help, but he says it can not hurt either.  I was a little surprised at his response because Dr. Aina Zhang's brochures are distributed throughout the fertility clinic ...



Since then I've had 4 encounters with Dr. Zhang. At each appointment, I get 30 minutes of acupuncture treatment combined with high frequency. In addition, Dr. Zhang prescribe me Chinese herbs that I must drink 2 times a day. Currently, I am taking Dioscorea opposita (rhizome)

YAO SHAN (Chinese yam) Dioscorea opposita 


Shan Yao is the root of Chinese yam. Neutral, sweet flavor, 
He has an affinity with the Spleen, Lungs and Kidneys. It is a tonic 
Soft tones Spleen, Lungs, Kidneys and fortifies leJing. 
very appropriate in cases of chronic diarrhea (for empty Rate), chronic cough or bronchitis, and also in cases of Kidney weak, particularly among the elderly ... 


CATEGORY: THE TONIC IQ 

NEW PROTOCOL

Dr. Holzer has changed my treatment protocol. At the first attempt, I had the short protocol, now I'll make the long protocol. Youppi ....I am soooooooo happy, I will have more injection.......not!!

My next treatment will start on March 1 next, in 5 dodo, and it will last longer.

First, I'll get oral contraceptive (Marvolan) for 21 days.
On March 18th, I'll add injections of buserelin.
(Buserelin injection of 0.5 ml once a day)



At first I was a little worried about taking Buserelin .......
Here is what is written on the bottle :


For the palliative treatment of prostate cancer hormone at an advanced stage ....... 

I thought: "OMG, what will they make me take!"


Effect of Buserelin on the system: 

During your IVF cycle the response from your ovaries may vary because of the influence of the pituitary gland. Suppression of the pituitary gland helps us to achieve optimum stimulation, increased number of eggs and embryos and most importantly prevent your ovary from releasing Easter eggs prior to egg collection. 
They use either Buserelin injection or Naferelin nasal spray to achieve suppression of the pituitary gland.
The Buserelin injections are taken once a day just under the skin at exactly the same time each day. 
As the ovarian suppression is achieved Imay notice side effects such as hot flushes,  overnight sweats.  It is important that Buserelin injections are continued at the same time of day until the doctor advise me to stop.

Then, on March 31st, I'll go at the Royal Victoria to get an ultrasound. This will allow, as before, to check and make sure that I have no cysts or other problems that could be worsened by taking hormones. Once the doctor determines that everything is fine, I'll start hormone injections.



This time, I will inject a greater dose of GonalF.
(225 IU Instead of 150 IU)
The quantity of Luveris remains the same. (75 IU) 
I must continue to take buserelin in smaller dose (0.05 ml) twice a day without stopping, until the end of treatment.

The next eggs collection should occur during the week of April 11-12-13. I am a lot less apprehensive this time because I know I will be well supported by the medical team. I will return to "Lalaland". I hope that this time, I'll keep both feet on the ground.

We hope that this time, there will be several follicles, more mature eggs and especially several embryos. I will continue acupuncture treatments until we have received a positive response.

Fertilization of the eggs takes place immediately after collection. Normally, the clinic called me the next day to let me know about the results of fertilization.

The transfer should take place around April 13-14 or 15. This will be the birthday of my parents. April 13th (Daddy) and April 14th (Mom).
What a nice gift for them.
Our fingers are crossed ..... This time, it will be good.

You will hear from me soon.
Thank you for your support. It makes me really happy to hear from you.
Isabelle
XXX

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire