Isabelle bébé

Isabelle bébé

jeudi 6 janvier 2011

5-4-3-2-1-GO! (english)


Quiz # 1: How long do you think these medications are supposed to last?
                             A: 4 months
                             B: 5 weeks
                             C: 10 days


Quiz # 2: Find the intruder in the picture.


The correct answers are C: 10 days and the McDo in the background. Ha! Ha!

Yesterday morning I went to the Royal Vic hospital to get the medication that will have to be injected to me for the next 10 days.  Do I need to explain my surprise when I saw the amount of boxes, vials, syringes, etc. ... that the pharmacist gave me? But let me tell you, I was even more surprised when he asked me to pay $1561.75.

Dialogue:
Me: What? But I thought that was paid by the government? ???.... The nurse took a print of my hospital cards and health insurance to apply for reimbursement from the Government. I do not understand, I thought it was taken care of .....

Pharmacist: Oh! Well, I do not understand why the request for reimbursement from the government has not been made ....

Me: Well, I do not understand either because the nurse even made me come back to the hospital so she could take the imprint of my cards in order to send the claim in time. It was in late October.

Pharmacist: Oh ..... ... That's why...... the refund was not available until November .....

Me: Yes, but I also came back in December to take care of all that. They even took a second imprint of my card .........

Pharmacist: I am sorry, but I absolutely have to make you pay for the drugs or you can't leave with them.

Me: I understand, no problem, but can you please tell me if the government will reimburse us for it anyway?

Pharmacist: Yes, it will take about 4-5 days but we should receive reimbursement for the drug.

Me: Okay then, here's my credit card. When you receive the refund, will you reverse the transaction on my credit card?

Pharmacist: Yes, but we will have to keep 3 %.......... for credit card charges.

Me: (in my head) Grrrrrrr! Why am I not surprise..........

Last night before going to bed, I did my first injection. It's very simple to prepare and it does not hurt at all. For the time being no change in my life or my mood. Except last night, I woke up a few times because I was very hot and I mean Hot.

I also did a weird dream. I dreamed that I was getting the medication ready and that I did not take the right doses. The nurse told me in my dream ... "No! No! No!  You should not take 150 IU, it's way too much, 100 IU is the correct dose." This dream put some doubt in my mind. So when I woke up, I went to verify if I took the right dosage.  Yep!  I had taken the correct dose. ;-)

So for now I'm not too ............. PMS.........yet   Lol!
I'll go prepare my next injection.
Hoping that tomorrow is still enjoyable.
Talk to you very soon.
Isabelle
XXX

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire