Isabelle bébé

Isabelle bébé

jeudi 13 janvier 2011

Easter Eggs!

Wednesday morning I went to the Royal Victoria to see the evolution of the treatment so far.

After 15-20 minutes of waiting, a nice nurse came to get me to get a blood test. This is to check my blood work, hormones, etc. ...
It was a nightmare ....................

Normally, I'm really not afraid of the sting. That's a good thing because lately i have as many as there are meals in a day :-(

The nurse who met me had great difficulty in taking blood. At first, I gave her my right arm, she made a first attempt, a second, third... She tried to find the '*^!"¨* vein for 1 minute. Gosh, it hurt! Finally, I told him:" You should try the other arm or I'll faint ... I had sweaty hands and face as white as a ghost.

She followed my advice and then she succeeded on the first try. "It is Thursday night and my right arm is still sensitive."  Do I need to tell you that I am getting really fed up of needles??

After the episode of the blood, I had to pass an ultrasound to determine if the treatment was working properly and if I was producing enough egg. (At this stage, they call it follicle instead of egg) The nurse asked me to wait a few minutes, she told me that it really would not be long. Rrrrrrrrrrright!
My appointment was at 9:00. At10:48, no one came to see me. I began to feel desperate, I was frustrated, but mostly, I was sad????? Go figure! Viva el hormones! I'm tired and edgy.  I could cry for just about anything.
Finally, they put a stop to my waiting and I was seen at 11:00.

At $ 5 per 30 minutes for parking and a maximum of $18 per day, at least I can chear myself up, because now I have reached the maximum price so I can stay all day if I want. LOL!

Good News, there were 11 follicles (Anne-Marie called them the small coconut, Cute! Maman Bouvier told me that I was a good poulette!!! lol!  Sounds better in french....), 3 of which have already reached their maturity. Here is an example of the image can be seen at ultrasound.
*** This is not mine, but a similar image that I found on the internet ***

The black masses are the follicles (or futur eggs). In the case of this picture, there are 5 follicles, perhaps even a 6th in the background.

Following the ultrasound, the doctor decided that I should continue the hormone's injection until Friday. I'm back for another ultrasound tomorrow morning at which time Dr. Holzer will determine the date for the retrieval of Easter eggs! Most likely, it will be Monday.

That means that i still have 3 injections before Monday.

Something bizarre happened this morning. I needed to have an injection of Cetrotide, I was home alone and I wasn't able to inject myself. ?? I do not understand, because last night I made the injection myself and Saturday night too. For some reason that I do not yet understand, I was not able to stung myself. I made about 25 attempts. I tried to change my mind by doing other stuff and then 1-2-3 GO, but it didn't work. I had a mental block. Finally, I called Jay and I went to meet him at his office. Hi! Hi!

Tomorrow morning I have to get up early. So now, I'll go prepare my injection and then get some rest before going to bed.

I am a little stressed about Monday. I try not to think about it. I'm sure it will be okay, but still, it will not be a day at the spa .....

So before I go, for those of you who have never seen the Royal Victoria, here is a picture I took it last Wednesday. It really is a wonderful hospital complex.




Bye! Bye!
Talk to you soon
XXX

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire