Isabelle bébé

Isabelle bébé

samedi 22 janvier 2011

Baby J.B.

Monday morning I received a call from the McGill Reproductive Centre. They managed to fertilize 2 ovaries and I have to attend the center at 13:00 the next day to make the transfer of embryo (s).

I guess I do not need to tell you that I have not slept well on the night of Monday to Tuesday!!

I got up early. Then I went to the spa in order to relax a bit before the big moment.  I did 30 minutes at the Oxygen bar.  Lol!

Then I went to get Jay at his office and we went straight to the reproductive center.  We arrived at the Royal Vic at about 11h30. Our appointment is at 13:00. Haha!

The embryo transfer is an extremely important and accurate procedure, but it's still a very simple process. (Lot easier then the retrieval)  I have to drink lots of water, because my bladder has to be full. (This facilitates the transfer) Then, using an ultrasound as a guide, Dr. Jana will insert a catheter in my cervix. It does not really hurt, but it is uncomfortable. The nurse weights on my belly with the probe of the ultrasound machine. When you have a full bladder, this is not the best feeling!! Once everything is set up, one person make sure that it is the good embryo, they ask our name, etc. Then they bring him or her from the laboratory and the doctor injected the future baby into the uterus through the catheter tube. It's as simple as that. Now we must let Mother Nature do her work.

We would have liked it if they would have transfered the two embryos together, but following the new regulations the Government has implemented,  a woman below 37 years will have only one embryo transferred. As you know, I was very young, I am only 35 years. Hihi!

Before making the transfer, they showed us our future baby on a screen giant. It read:
Isabelle Louis Seize
Jason Bouvier

In a small round culture dish, there were 6 cells. Future Baby Bouvier looked like this:


That's crazy how life is incredible. It is great to see the creation process. This is really one great part of doing InVitro.  We are able to see life at it's beginning!

The transfer takes literally 5 minutes. Then, I am aloud to go to the bathroom right away and leave the hospital. Today and the rest of the week, I should not make sudden movements, lifting heavy objects, I have to take it easy and relax. No Dusting, No Cleaning, No doing the dishes and No Party Olé! Olé! in the bedroom either !!!!!

So as I am writing these few lines, Future Baby Bouvier is clinging to my uterus to continue it's development. Wow! Very intense feeling!

I'll take a pregnancy test on February 1st in order to see if the transfer worked well.
It's hard for me right now because I feel as usual.
In addition, I am taking so many medications and hormones, it's hard for me to know if how I feel is caused by future baby or by the hormones.

I have great difficulty sleeping. I wake up very often and I prevent Jay to sleep well too. Sorry darling!!
I'd love to do a pregnancy test from the pharmacy, but I fear that the hormones that I takes could make it false.
We are very positive that the treatment worked well, but we also know that nothing should be taken for granted.

In short, until February 1st, I will make sure to be very cautious and pay attention to me.
In the evening, Jay and I watch movies together.  We cuddle!
So far, we saw: "The Other Guys" with Mark Wallberg and Will Farrell. Very funny!
Yesterday we started "Eat, Pray, Love" with Julia Roberts and the handsome Javier. We'll probably finish it tonight. It's really good but a bit long. It's really a great life lesson.

Please continue to send positive vibes.
PS: I would also like to wish the best success to those of you who are trying to expand their family in January 2011. Good luck! Our thougth are with you too.

Eat!  Pray! Love! and make babies.
Isabelle, Jay and baby J.B.
XXx

A bit of information:
Ultrasound
Ultrasound is a diagnostic test based on the use of ultrasound. Simple, painless and harmless, this test is used to explore soft tissue.
Ultrasound is sound waves above 20,000 hertz, inaudible to the human ear (1). An ultrasound is performed using a machine generating high frequency ultrasound probe connected to a transmitter / receiver and containing a computer system capable of processing the information detected by the probe. Ultrasound produced by the machine are transmitted to the probe as the doctor moves the skin or inside the body part to explore. The ultrasound beam is stopped by air and by bone, it spreads easily in liquid media and also easily penetrates the internal organs and soft tissus. All information collected gives an image allowing to view  anatomical organs.
Ultrasound has many advantages. Simple and painless, this examination may be repeated at will:
In Fact, unlike radiography, it emits no harmful radiation.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire